Two-Stage Air Conditioning

Two-stage air conditioning is an extremely beneficial option in terms of comfort, energy savings, and many other areas. In this blog we are going to explain what two-stage air conditioning is and what it can do for you.

What is Two-Stage Air Conditioning?

It’s all in the name. Traditional air conditioning systems are either on 100% or completely off. Those systems use a lot of energy on start up and blow out a lot of cold air into the house very quickly. Two-stage systems start out using 70% capacity and then kick in the remaining 30% of capacity if needed. The result is that less energy is used and the airflow is more evenly distributed through the home.

Benefits

When our customers ask us what the #1 benefit to a two-stage AC system is, we answer with comfort. You may have experienced a traditional single stage AC system that it is loud and blasts air out of the vents that lead to humid conditions and hot/cold spots through the house. A two-stage air conditioner solves these issues. Instead of racing to get the thermostat down to the set point, this AC system only uses the amount of cooling capacity and air flow that is needed. This allows your home to be cooled evenly, quietly, and removes excess humidity by running at a lower speed for more time.

Lower Utility Bills

Air conditioners are just like vehicles, they are more efficient by running at a consistent speed. Which scenario would use more gas? 5 miles of stop and go traffic or 10 miles of highway driving? The single stage AC works a lot like stop and go traffic and the two-stage AC is like cruising on the highway. The result is that your AC unit works longer, but not as hard, and thus uses less energy. The minimum efficiency for a two-stage system is 17 SEER, which can help recoup the cost of a two-stage system.

Contact Gentry AC for all of your commercial and residential HVAC needs.

Related Posts

5 Factors Affecting the Life Span of your HVAC Uni... Coming home from work on a Friday evening to find that your HVAC unit is not functioning is an incredibly frustrating way to start the weekend. There ...
5 Ways to Keep Your HVAC Running Strong People spend thousands of dollars every year replacing their HVAC systems, and more often than not, the damage to their current system was prevent...
Are Air Conditioning Unit Tune-Ups Necessary? Ask a homeowner if they get their air conditioning unit tuned up and you will usually get a distinct "Yes, every year" or "No, never". Then ask them...
Tips for Hiring the Right HVAC Contractor Sooner or later we are all faced with replacing our air conditioner or furnace. As much as don't want to believe it, our AC and heating systems are ...